WHAT REALLY IS ACNE
Acne is a skin condition that occurs when your hair follicles become plugged with oil and dead skin cells. It causes whiteheads, blackheads, or pimples. Acne is most common among teenagers, though it affects people of all ages.
They are effective treatments but we all know how acne is persistent, where the pimples take forever to heal and worse others just keep popping up which is frustrating. Severe acne can cause emotional distress and damage your skin so taking earlier treatments will reduce such risks.
Symptoms of Acne
Signs vary on how Severe the Condition is
These are the common signs
- Small red and tender pumps on the skin
- Pimples that may contain pus
- Painful lumps
Acne usually appears on the face, forehead, chest, upper back, and shoulders.
Scratching worsens the Condition making the pimples more painful.
HOMEMADE ACNE REMEDIES
Expensive treatments such as niacinamide are effective against acne but have undesirable side effects leaving one with dry skin and irritations. Such undesirable effects have left many to turn to natural remedies with hopes of eradicating the condition.
The thing with home remedies is there isn’t any scientific evidence or research work to back them up though some have proven effective against the condition.
Below are Proven remedies that many have tried and showed promising results.
APPYING CIDER VINEGAR
- This is achieved by fermenting apple juice, which prevents any bacteria and fungi from forming under the skin.
- This formula contains citric acid which kills Bacteria that form again. It also reduces inflammation and redness on your skin.
- Another acid found in this formula, lactic acid, brightens and conceals the acne scars which overall improves appearance. (5Trusted Source)
As I have mentioned before, there is no written research proving this formula treats acne.
There are even reports about apple cider vinegar irritating the skin, so I would recommend it for individuals with low sensitive skin.
HOW TO USE
- Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar and 3 parts water (use more water for sensitive skin).
- After cleansing, gently apply the mixture to the skin using a cotton ball.
- Let sit for 5–20 seconds, rinse with water and pat dry.
- Repeat this process 1–2 times per day, as needed.
Dilute in water to reduce irritation
APPLYING CINNAMON MASK
- Reduces inflammation and fights bacteria
- Honey blocks and kills P.acnes
NOTE: Inflammation and bacteria are the major causes of acne so this formula is quite effective
HOW TO MAKE CINNAMON MASK
- Mix 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Clean your face and apply the formula and leave to dry for 10-15 minutes
- After the desired time has elapsed rinse with clean water
- Use a clean cloth to wipe off the water
APPLYING TEA TREE OIL
- This can be extracted from the leaves of Melaleuca alternifolia, a tree in Australia. (19Trusted Source, 20Trusted Source)
- Fights bacteria and reduces inflammation
NOTE: There are studies showing this formula reduces acne and has fewer irritation effects.
Dilute before applying because the oil is very potent.
HOW TO PREPARE
- Obtain the oil from the leaves
- Mix 20-25 drops of tea tree oil with 1/4 cup water and 1/2 cup of distilled white vinegar
- Use a clean cloth or cotton to apply thoroughly across infected parts
EXTRA BENEFITS: Helps in reducing oil in the skin, reduces inflammation against itchy skin
WHEN TO SEE A DOCTOR
Acne is persistent, so if the above home remedies don’t clear your skin I recommend visiting your doctor for prescribed medicine. Acne can at times signify other health conditions, this requires regular medical examinations and checks
If after using the above products you experience:
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
Seek medical help if the above show up.
There are many acne myths out there making it hard for people to tell the truth.
Acne affects teens only(This is among the most common ones, but acne affects every age group)
- Stress causes Acne
- Acne is caused by dirt
- Acne goes away on its own
- Eating chocolate causes acne
Don’t forget to comment if you found this article helpful.