Waterproof mascara is a makeup lifesaver big time saving you from dashing to the washrooms every time to re-apply your makeup.
Trouble comes in at the end of the day as you try to take off your mascara to stay fresh and it just won’t come off. Pretty hectic and gets frustrating if you try using water.
Such experiences can get you away from using the mascara but anyways let’s proceed to how to take waterproof mascara off easily without hurting your lashes.
How to take waterproof mascara off
Regular mascara makeup products are quite simple, a bit of water and the mascara is off but the waterproof ones have a different formula.
The formula used in waterproof mascaras is meant to make the product withstand sweat and water hence the difficulty in getting it off.
There are simple and proven DIY techniques to take waterproof mascara off but you may find yourself ending up with lost lashes and bruises around your lashes.
That’s a really bad way to lose your lashes.
So how do we do it without losing our precious lashes and avoiding endless rubbing with removal cleansers?
STEPS TO TAKE WATERPROOF MASCARA OFF
There are about five simple DIY steps you can use to take waterproof mascara off and stay fresh for the evening.
USING BABY SHAMPOO
I started with this simple step because I have plenty of baby shampoo lying around and decided to put them to good use.
This is usually a last step for many but I prefer starting with it because of how it’s safe to apply around the eyes.
- Baby Shampoo
- Cotton balls
- Wet wipes
HOW TO APPLY
- Close your eyes and add a bit of baby shampoo to a cotton ball and place it onto your lashes gently.
- Wipe the cotton ball downwards gently
- Use the wet wipes to get rid of the mascara and shampoo
- Repeat step three till there is no shampoo and mascara left.
Note: You may have noticed how I am trying to emphasize being gentle while doing this. We don’t want any bruises so going gentle is a big step not to miss.
The next technique is probably used by many makeup artists and beginners alike to take waterproof mascara off, so have a go at it.
USING COCONUT OIL/ OLIVE OIL
Most bathroom products contain coconut oil because of its safety and benefits such as enriching your lashes leading to their healthy growth.
With all the benefits and safety accustomed with this technique you surely should try it out to get off that waterproof mascara.
- Coconut oil/ Olive oil
- Cotton pads
Some people prefer using their fingers rather than cotton pads but you can try any since both end up still removing the waterproof mascara off.
HOW TO APPLY
- Rub the coconut oil on the cotton pads or your fingers to get it to liquify.
- Close your eyelids (to avoid any oil sipping/getting into your eyelids) and apply the cotton pads onto your eyelashes resting it there for a couple of seconds.
- Soft strokes are essential so gently stroke around your lashes
- Repeat the previous step till the mascara is off
If you don’t have coconut oil the above steps apply too for using olive oil.
USING MICELLAR WATER
Known as a magic water formula, this product will definitely take waterproof mascara off your lashes in no time.
Remember how I emphasized being gentle while removing waterproof mascara well this product is ideal for that purpose.
No worries about bruises forming onto your eyes.
- Cotton Pads
- Micellar Water
HOW TO APPLY
- Put a bit of micellar water to your cotton pad
- As the techniques before close your eyes to avoid any of the product getting into them
- Gently place the cotton pad on your eyelashes
- Repeat the third step till the mascara is off and your lashes are fresh
USING EYE MAKEUP REMOVER
The most easy and straightforward technique to take waterproof mascara off with no effort at all. Newbies should basically always start with this one.
No hustles with this one, just Mascara coming off.
There many eye makeup remover products out there so choose your ideal type for simplicity.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Eye makeup remover
- Cotton pads
HOW TO APPLY
- Start out with adding bits of eye makeup remover product to the cotton pads or soak in the cotton pads
- Press the soaked cotton pad onto your eyelids for a couple of seconds
- Wipe downwards and repeat till the mascara is completely off
Check your progress in the mirror and make sure all the product is off.
USE FACE MOISTURIZER TO REMOVE WATERPROOF MASCARA
Always my last option to take waterproof mascara off when all above technique products are not available.
This step is a last option so it ain’t all that simple to do and requires a bit of work.
- Piece of cloth
HOW TO APPLY AND REMOVE MASCARA
- Get your face clean using a face cleanser
- Apply the moisturizer onto your eyelashes
- Use the cloth to wipe of the mascara gently and repeat the procedure
This procedure will take a bit of effort to get the waterproof mascara off so try the other techniques first if you are in a hurry.
MISTAKES MADE WHILE TRYING TO TAKE WATERPROOF MASCARA OFF
While trying to take waterproof mascara off there are certain mistakes you should avoid .
- Give time to the makeup Remover
Most people are impatient and don’t actually wait for the makeup remover to start working and breaking down the mascara.
This can lead to bruises if you immediately start rubbing and start tugging immediately.
- Tugging your Lashes
Always make sure to use removers that have formulas that are intended for waterproof mascaras.
This will make it easy to get the waterproof mascara off without harshly tugging your lashes .
- Leaving Product behind
You may be in a hurry and endup leaving some mascara behind which may end up getting into your eyes.
Some products can end up breaking your eyelashes so always make sure to spend extra minutes wipe off any remaining product.
Waterproof mascaras can save you up big time so you won’t always have to head to the washroom to reapply your makeup.
Getting it off can be a big hustle but always make sure to be gentle while attempting to take waterproof mascara off.